Transformer isolated tuner feed/split

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Im looking for a good way to (passive) split a contact microphone/piezo-pickup signal to a always on tuner output. Can I use a transformer to prevent that the piezo pickup being negatively effected by the split and the tuner? The transformer is 42TM018 from R.G. Keens Hum-Free(er) A/B/Y Splitter Box. I know that the quality of the 42TM018 transformer is not the best and in the original R.G. schematic there is a op amp driving the transformer but my design is passive. I have seen many passive 2 way splitters with transformers so it can be done (Lehle p-split etc). But one important question is will the frequency response on 42TM018 be good enough for tuner feed using instruments like violin, viola, cello, double bass etc? 42TM018 spec: http://www.mouser.com/ds/2/449/XC-600134-1212477.pdf

1. Is this a good way to do it?
2. Is the 10K-0.001uF network doing any good, or should I remove it?

Thanks!

GYj9gDi.png

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.