Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Analog Line Level Preamplifiers , Passive Pre-amps, Crossovers, etc.

Wanted: Cheap Active crossover
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 3rd December 2017, 04:23 PM   #11
Nickg0523 is offline Nickg0523  United States
diyAudio Member

I'm planning on using it for like my iPhone mainly so that wouldn't work
Old 3rd December 2017, 04:28 PM   #12
diyAudio Member

If I were to get rid of the amp I have now would an amp like this work? SMSL A2 TDA7492 2 x 40W Stereo Amplifier with Sub Out Does it have a crossover built in?
Old 3rd December 2017, 04:37 PM   #13
tonitonitoni is offline tonitonitoni  Croatia
diyAudio Member

Stream from phone to pc ...
Neverthless i hope that You dont use iphone headphone output
Old 3rd December 2017, 05:11 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

I don't have a PC is the issue... but I'll look into that in the future. Thanks
Old 3rd December 2017, 05:25 PM   #15
tonitonitoni is offline tonitonitoni  Croatia
diyAudio Member

Can you salvage crossover from broken car audio amplifier or pc speakers?
Old 4th December 2017, 02:14 AM   #16
diyAudio Member

I probably could if I could get my hands on some. I'm starting to think I bit off a little more than I could. Its seeming to get more and more complicated...
Old 4th December 2017, 02:17 AM   #17
diyAudio Member

I found this on parts express Dayton Audio SUB-800 8" 80 Watt Powered Subwoofer I have a few questions about it

1.) Is the "high level output" amplified or do I have to amplify it and then run it through the "high level input" and then connect the drivers to the out put?
2.) if it is already amplified what is the wattage?
3.) is this a good deal?
Old 6th December 2017, 10:29 AM   #18
AndrewT is online now AndrewT  Scotland
diyAudio Member

If I'm reading the Dayton mini spec correctly then the low pass filter ONLY gives an output to drive the bass only speaker.
It has an RCA low level input.
It appears to also have a high level input. Does this bypass the internal amplifier?
I don't know what the high level output is for. Could it be to drive a second bass only speaker (without it's own amplifier)?

8" long throw will struggle to give adequate bass levels whenever you turn up the volume.
Buy three, or four and spread them around the room to increase levels for louder audio and to even out the room effects.
Old 6th December 2017, 04:39 PM   #19
xrk971 is offline xrk971  United States
diyAudio Member

The cheapest active XO that sounds great just might be a $80 miniDSP and a pair of $15 Class D amps like TDA7498E. Amazing flexibility and nice sound quality. You will be hard pressed to get opamp xo’s to sound as nice and be able to tweak on the fly. I have priced it before vs passive crossover and the miniDSP costs less than most passives.
Old 6th December 2017, 10:19 PM   #20
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewT View Post
If I'm reading the Dayton mini spec correctly then the low pass filter ONLY gives an output to drive the bass only speaker.<snip>
After reading the questions and specs I believe you can take the leads containing the full range signal from an amp and plug them into the high level input. The built in crossover then filters the bass to the sub and the rest to the high level output. I am not totally sure what the rca is for then. If you look at the back panel of the speaker, under the spring terminals for the high input it says from amp. I am also using this speaker in a small bedroom so more than one seems excessive...

Wanted: Cheap Active crossoverHide this!Advertise here!