AKSA's Lender Preamp with 40Vpp Output

Swap DN2535N5 for DN2540N5?

I noticed that stocks of the DN2540N5 are somewhat rare at present. Yes, I see that Mouser will replenish stocks Next April, and that WinSource has nearly 1k available, but at nearly 300% of "normal" price. Humor me for a moment.

As an academic exercise, I went looking for a replacement, and see that Microchip makes a DN2535N5, which appears to me to be nearly identical, except that it has a lower Vdss of 350V; a derated DN2540N5. Since the Vdss of the BSP129 is 250V, and we're not using anything close to that, it seems to me it could be a viable replacement.

Is there any reason A DN2535N5 could not replace a DN2540N5 in this application?

Kind regards,
Drew

I am using a 12v linear transformer and step it up 48v. Just need to finish the power entry and get some real dn2540.

Bill

Attachments

• AF4F5BA2-60BD-4F99-A7E5-60BEECBD656A.jpg
    AF4F5BA2-60BD-4F99-A7E5-60BEECBD656A.jpg
    553.2 KB · Views: 409
Reactions: 1 user
Thanks Vunce,
I was wandering how hot they would run, I have some good size heat sinks that needed the room. This part situation is becoming a problem, I just ordered about half a dozen semiconductors to add to my stash, and looking at some of my old builds with predatory eyes. Maybe we should come up with a must have list. though I am embracing smt parts, in fact my next headphone build is Bonsai’s X-Altra headphone amp should be good practice..

Bill

Vunce,
Allo Boss2 endpoint for use with Roon. ZMan thanks, in some ways this system sounds better than my large one in the living room. The soundstage is much better and small room easy til fill, living room right side has a wall left side open to kitchen screws with soundstage
Bill

Last edited: