Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Analog Line Level Preamplifiers , Passive Pre-amps, Crossovers, etc.

AKSA's Lender Preamp with 40Vpp Output
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 4th June 2018, 01:31 PM   #621
xrk971 is offline xrk971  United States
Got Foam?
diyAudio Member

Thanks for the reminder Twocents. I just have run a simulation then if I have you those numbers. The brain can’t remember all the sims it has performed.

Yes for Bi-amping with PLLXO, this will have plenty of oomph to drive.

If you only gave Hugh these 4 transistors, he can make anything: 2N5401, KSC1845, 2SA1837, any big N channel MOSFET.

But don’t mess with the KSC1845! It’s in every amp!
Old 4th June 2018, 02:56 PM   #622
twocents is offline twocents  South Africa
diyAudio Member

Ok X, so those values for R14 and R15 will work well then for the secondary output.

Thank you Hugh and X - the KSC1845 will stay on the bom then!
Old 4th June 2018, 04:07 PM   #623
xrk971 is offline xrk971  United States
Got Foam?
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twocents View Post
Ok X, so those values for R14 and R15 will work well then for the secondary output.

Thank you Hugh and X - the KSC1845 will stay on the bom then!
I should ask you what your PLLXO input impedance is? Itís parts of the design so you can spec it. I would suggest no lower than 4k7.
Old 4th June 2018, 04:23 PM   #624
twocents is offline twocents  South Africa
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrk971 View Post
I should ask you what your PLLXO input impedance is? Itís parts of the design so you can spec it. I would suggest no lower than 4k7.
I am nowhere near that part yet X, but according to the PLLXO calculator it will probably be between 5k and 10k - so I should be ok.
Old 16th June 2018, 11:57 PM   #625
vlv81 is offline vlv81  New Zealand
diyAudio Member

Hi X, hi all

Just ordered the boards and curious to the value you used for R11 when using the AKSA Lender pre with the Aleph J you built? Reading the thread it appears altering R10 isn't the correct thing to do, but changing R11 to something around 2K would be suitable?
Secondly I see twocents has mentioned the option of two "pre outs". I was also considering this for bi-amp purposes. Here is the newbie question sorry: what would the procedure be if the input impedence to the second amplifier was different than that of the main amplifier? Reason for asking is that I am considering adding a sub with its own amp for reinforcemnt below 60Hz maybe 80Hz or so. Stereo only, not home theatre. I recently moved and the room is a different shape. It seems I have lost a small amount of low level.

Looking forward to building this. Just ordered the boards on the 14th and made other parts orders yesterday.

Thanks
Old Today, 08:41 PM   #626
jwjarch is online now jwjarch  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlv81 View Post
Hi X, hi all

Just ordered the boards and curious to the value you used for R11 when using the AKSA Lender pre with the Aleph J you built? Reading the thread it appears altering R10 isn't the correct thing to do, but changing R11 to something around 2K would be suitable?

Thanks
vlv81, I have a similar question regarding R10/R11. I currently have a 3.9k in for R10. Twocents posted about staying with 10k at R10 and using a 2k2 at R11 to reduce gain. Would this be the way to go if I'm using the 2SA1837's with R15 at 22 Ohms and R14 at 4.7 Ohms? I am using this with my ALPHA 20 at the moment. Could I also use this as an HPA without any modifications?

AKSA's Lender Preamp with 40Vpp OutputHide this!Advertise here!