Preamp upgrade help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am trying to implement some improvements published by a member named Plexus to a Parasound PPH-100 phono preamp (Plexus Parasound PPH-100 Modifications). I am having trouble understanding one of the instructions in the writeup: "the final gain stage, now using a FET opamp, needs to have it's non-inverting input, which was normally to ground, be impedance matched with the inverting input. ... so i added an 18k resistor in to ground."

I could use help with clarification on which pin of the op amps is the non-inverting input that needs the resistor to ground. Much thanks in advance for any available assistance!

the pin numbering in the sch is wrong.
opamp a shows out=6, -IN=2, +IN=3
opamp b shows out=1, -IN=2, +IN=3
Look at a dual opamp (opa2134)
opamp a out=1, -IN=2, +IN=3
opamp b out=7, -IN=6, +IN=5
Presumably with these dual opamp a is used in one channel and b is used in the other channel?

Check to see what pins are used for which channels and which is used as signal input and which is grounded.

In any case -IN are always=2&5 and +IN are always=3&6
+IN is non-inverting input
-IN is inverting input

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.