RC filter component selection

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
for example if i added a 500nF capacitor in parallel with that 100pf one ( easier than swapping, its a 603 smt component) i should (if my studying has paid off) get a lowpass of 3.18khz there, instead of the current 15mhz one.

A problem with using 100 Ohm / 500nF is the low impedance at higher frequencies. This could be a problem for the opamp connected as the source.

A problem with using 100 Ohm / 500nF is the low impedance at higher frequencies. This could be a problem for the opamp connected as the source.

Yeah i thought that might be the case.

I assume adding a resistor in series with the capacitor to raise impedance at the high frequencies, without affecting impedance at lower ones is a "thing" probably well known and with a name.

I assume it would reduce effectiveness of filter, and depend on ratio between resistor chosen, and input impedance of next stage of amp...?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.