Using an Active Crossover in system from scratch

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey Everyone,

Still very new and looking to build my first set of speakers. I work at an interior construction company that develops interior walls where the surface is made up of individual tiles that can be any size (looking at using appx 3'x4' tiles).

We have began experimenting with using tactile transducers for simple applications but are looking into developing basic stereo systems using separate tiles as the bass, mid-range and tweeter. Since we cannot guess the best frequency response for our tiles and their sizes, I assumed it would be best to develop an active system to experiment with the crossover frequency.

Since we are just experimenting I am not looking to purchase expensive equipment and was wondering if the active crossover (linked below) will suit our basic needs. I am also wondering how its compatibility with an amp is determined, or if any amp will work as it will just interpret the signal regardless. I have read various reviews and it seems that for people searching for basic quality and aren't using high quality amps or speakers it works well.

Rolls SX45 Stereo Two-Way Mini Crossover w/Sub Output
Topping VX1 2x25W Class T Amplifier with USB DAC and Headphone Amp

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Rob

Joined 2011
wondering if the active crossover (linked below) will suit our basic needs.
I am also wondering how its compatibility with an amp is determined.

That crossover (up to 3V out) will very easily drive the amplifier (at least 0.4V in).
Make sure that your transducer loads are at least 4 ohms resistance or more.
Bear in mind that this crossover is 2-way only.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.