Preamp, active

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
what signal level will your F6 need?
What signal level comes from your sources?

Now determine whether you need any extra gain between source and receiver.

Where will you adjust replay volume?
B1 and mesmerize have a vol pot built in and also have source selection. Do you need these?

Versatility, to have the ability to use different (possibly varying) sources. I mentioned that f6 as an example as I'm starting to gather parts to build one (hopefully the kits will be restocked or I will have to buy the boards and source the transformers elsewhere), but it may not end up as the only amp used with the pre. I would rather have gain and the volume knob at a low position than be left wanting for more (gain). At the moment, though, my primary source is my pc with an HTC omega claro halo with upgraded (but still cheap integrated) opamps w jriver using no eq or dsp. Occasionally I turn the bass up a notch on my Rotel receiver, my paradigm speakers really don't lack bass, but sometimes I feel like the recording engineer didn't do a very good job. I listen to almost everything, old new, classical, jazz, blues, rock, rockabilly, vocal, instrumental even country if its old and I'm feeling masochistic.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.