Help with converting unbalanced to balanced using transformers (1:1)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a plan to convert all 6 Single-Ended inputs of a Pre-Amp to output Balanced to an Amplifier that can accept balanced input.
I can see this doing two things for me, (1) increased CMRR [I could get this using just two transformers] and (2) Killing noise introduced between the Pre-Amp and Amp. #2 is my main objective.

I know that noise on lines from devices to Pre-Amp will not be helped by this, but that is not my goal.

My question is, if I install them after the selector switch, do I need two transformers per channel (i.e. a total of four transformers) to pull this off?

Let say, for example, that I would use JT-11P's, how would I hook them up?
I'm guessing one transformer of each pair would have the red wire connected to signal and the other would have the brown connected. I would then need to have the yellow wire of the first transformer connected to XLR pin2 and the yellow wire of the second transformer connected to XLR pin3.

I'm really hoping that someone can confirm what I'm thinking, or trash my idea and set me straight.

The short answer is YES it can be done. The Jensen 11P is a 1:1 ratio..What you put in you get out.
Connect the yellow wire to the hot output terminal of your preamp the orange to ground. The red and brown leads go to pins 2 & 3 of the xlr to your amp Pin 1 is the ground/shield of the cable.
Do not connect the shield of the pre amp to the shield of the amplifier cable. The white/black leads are internal shield and connect those to the preamp ground/shield.
I would suggest try one and see how it works in your application.
dward

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.