alps pot for passive volume control

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks George.
that brings me to next question. how to find out the input impedance of the amplifier. the specs page don't specify for my amplifier.
my source is fiio x3 1st gen player which has a line out of 1.5Vrms and output impedance is given as 107Ω (which is typical i guess).

as George pointed out earlier and after reading some stuff, i find that its mainly the input impedance of the power amp that should be matched with passive preamp.
i want to keep the system as simple as possible (aka very low budget!) for now. thats why hunting for a decent volume control solution.

i found an interesting link,
21 Step High Precision Step Potentiometer A10KX2

this talks about patent design. i verified that patent is indeed granted,
https://www.google.com/patents/CN201270178Y?cl=en

not sure how this is different from DACT type pots

Ha, good for them, that's a good idea! They made the gap between the contacts in an s shape to make the switch hit the next contact before it leaves the last one (make before break). This is so there aren't switching noises as you turn it. Nice job! I assume the DACTs are make before break, but the entire switches are of a different design.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.