Split signal

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
You can't simply add an output to your balanced output.
i.e. you must not unbalance the existing XLR output.

Can you tap off both halves with an identical resistor/impedance? Then use one of them as the feed to a Buffer to drive the RCA line output.

Alternatively tap in a bit earlier and use a bal to unbal stage to create the extra output. This will drive the RCA line directly without the need for an extra Buffer.

There still is a crossover missing here.

Even so, combining pro audio equipment with consumer subs may end up being ground loop hell. Both tend to be safety earthed (IEC Class I) devices, so unbalanced connection between them = trouble almost guaranteed. Sure you could use some isolation transformers, but that arguably isn't the ideal thing on a sub. I would prefer some active bal -> unbal converter boxes that could be used directly at each sub's input. Same actually goes if you intend to go passive, good input transformers tend to be high-impedance jobs unsuited for driving a lot of cable.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.