preamp question/buffer scematic with muses 72320

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
I wonder if i could get som hints before I start building this preamp section for my amp.
I build it with modified Maplin ga28f modules,
and have 10uf at the inputs of Maplin,
question is then I could skip the output coupling on the buffer stage ?
Im not very good at impedance matching here.
the schematic is with to separatet schematic, and one is copy of First watt buffer.
Everythin going in the same prosject,

I open for good feedback ;)
best regards to all diy:er :)

Attachments

• muses relay.jpg
    muses relay.jpg
    975.7 KB · Views: 636
I don't see anything about a Muse 6116 reference on the NJR or Muse web site.
Could you elaborate a little more please ?

Sorry for the confusion ...

The 6116 part is by MAS (Micro Analog Systems) and not Muse. the MAS6116 is quite similar to the Muse part. The advantage of the 6116 part is that you provide the op amps. In my case I am using custom built DOAs (Discrete Op Amps) in place of the op amps shown in their app notes

MAS6116 – Stereo Digital Volume Control IC | Micro Analog Systems

Sorry for the confusion ...

The 6116 part is by MAS (Micro Analog Systems) and not Muse. the MAS6116 is quite similar to the Muse part. The advantage of the 6116 part is that you provide the op amps. In my case I am using custom built DOAs (Discrete Op Amps) in place of the op amps shown in their app notes

MAS6116 – Stereo Digital Volume Control IC | Micro Analog Systems

OK thanks, did I miss something but it seems that the Muses 72320 needs external opamp too

There are som kit with the Muse chip, but I assume all is in the layout and the supply to get the low noise floor near the one the chip is able to provide !

simple Jfet at input or JFT oap; good styroflex cap or FCA smd cap for the input signal ? Sussumu low noise resistor, etc...
Buffer at the output :)
Sources selector?????

.... and very low noise PS : TS7A from TI, etc... on a compact 4 layers pcb !

Could be a nice prject and not so expensive but for the sources selector, no need of expensive pot ! I assume some are as good than relays when near the inputs plugs !

reconfigure muses 72320

I was planning a new scematics on the muses prosject i working on,
I know its 20k internal resistance in the muses, using only that one.

how does the internal resistance in the muses change the frequency responce on the circuit i added here ?
is there something I missing ?

question 2: how important is the powersupply to the muses positive and negative side, because its a resistor ladder,
is there then changes if i use typical lm317 or a diode solution, vs a super regulator. ?

but Happy new year and may next year be great.

best regards
Niklas.

Attachments

• muses pre.jpg
    muses pre.jpg
    670.6 KB · Views: 220
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.