Salas DCG3 preamp (line & headphone)

Hello. The design of the printed circuit board. My implementation of the possibility of using 2SA970 or BC560 transistors.

Attachments

• Снимок1.JPG
    Снимок1.JPG
    96.8 KB · Views: 249
  • Снимок2.JPG
    Снимок2.JPG
    116.3 KB · Views: 255
FWIW, twice now I've ordered pairs of DN2540s (from Mouser) and although Idss differed 30% between the pairs, the pairs themselves were very closely matched. I suggest you just order two and you may get lucky. Otherwise, there's no harm in using different R10 values between channels to get equal currents.

Also, a bit of bad news: I see that BF256 is now obsolete and unavailable from the usual sources.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member

Since you are making a board you have the freedom to put a Toshiba 2SK209-GR(TE85L,F) surface mount for J3. Watch the pinout and use 1R R3. You can use this SMD as J1 J2 to substitute any suspect uPA68H as well. The 2SK209s usually come close for IDSS right out of their packaging. Keep R1 & R6 physically close enough to their gate pins. For through hole uPA68H or BF256B genuine & sorted out for IDSS, as well as for Vgs matched DN2540 M3s ask Tea Bag for help. He has a stash of proper active parts.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
For me 4625 is a keeper.
This chip is closer to no chip on the dc servo, but let wait for Salas final opinion.

I listened carefully and I prefer it over the smoother OPA1656 for impact and clarity while both offer a palpable degree of better "analysis" over the older school BOM op-amp. But the AD823 remains closer to the genuine tonality and image size of the preamp when without DC-Servo chip at all which is ultimately the most natural state (precarious mode of use, not recommended).