balanced vs. unbalanced

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I ordered parts. Whats the best way to wire them for noise elimination?

Note I moved my system to another part of the room and its dead quiet not even a hiss from the amp at high volume with no source playing. Too bad its not convenient there.

Attachments

• connectique12.jpg
    connectique12.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 182
  • XLR-RCA.gif
    XLR-RCA.gif
    2.8 KB · Views: 180
without identifying the noise source you are trying to eliminate recommendations for how to best wire your "adapter" cable without more information about the devices to be interconnected could lead to creating new "noises".

sidebar comment: what with the "VS" mentality balanced and unbalanced are interconect methods that are application specific.

I ordered parts. Whats the best way to wire them for noise elimination?

Note I moved my system to another part of the room and its dead quiet not even a hiss from the amp at high volume with no source playing. Too bad its not convenient there.
Option a.)
if your XLR output allows the pin 3 signal to be shorted direct to ground then:
Take the screen/shield from pin1 all the way to theRCA/Phono Signal return tag.
Take the pin2 to the RCA signal Hot pin.
Take the pin3 to the RCA signal Return tag.
Option b.)
if your XLR output does not allow the pin 3 signal to be shorted direct to ground then:
Take the screen/shield from pin1 all the way to theRCA/Phono Signal return tag.
Take the pin2 to the RCA signal Hot pin.
Take the pin3 to a current limiting resistor to then feed the RCA signal Return tag.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.