MiniDSP 4x10 HD Measurements

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I bought mine in 2013 or so, and have been using it since 2014 or so, always on. My main speakers are DIY of my own design, 3-way sealed enclosures, the Darbari, which are built around these active xo.

I've had one severe problem with it after about one year of use, where my symptoms were different from yours. After contacting their tech support, I actually removed all three PCBs from the chassis and shipped them to the manufacturer in HK, and they repaired or replaced the defective parts and shipped everything back to me free of cost. My only cost was the outward shipping to HK.

I've had other problems later, which have been fixed by a hard reset and/or a reload of the configuration from the laptop. I remember one incident where I began to hear distortion in one channel at specific points in the music, and I was dreading that I'd have to ship the boards to HK again. Luckily for me, the distortion disappeared when I reset and reloaded the config.

You know... That's probably true. I do recall the pins being closer than the 1.27 mm of the DMP8. 0.65 mm sounds about right. I think that's the same as TSSOP, though I recall the package used in the 4x10HD being wider than TSSOP.

Maybe you can find an opamp in a TSSOP package and make it work.

Tom

Dear Tom any recommend OPAMP on TSSOP package?

900 mVrms is max input level on the unbalanced (RCA) inputs, with the input jumpers set to their max-sensitivity positions. Max output levels are 2 Vrms on the RCAs and 8 Vrms on the balanced connectors, both of which can be attenuated by -6dB via the output DIP switch settings.

Last edited:
Hi Folks;
Hope I'm not high-jacking the thread, but I saw "miniDSP 4x10". This unit has been the heart of my system for over a year. ( I bought a complete finished unit). I have had an issue with this unit from day one, and wonder if anyone else has had this issue;

Almost daily, when I turn on the rest of my system (DSP stays on), I find the volume control (front panel and via remote) to be ineffective. On some occasions, the volume can be adjusted, but it hesitates every 3 db or so. There have been some instances where the sound has been distorted (modulated by clicks etc.) All of this is remedied by unplugging the power input for 10 seconds and re-connecting.
I have done 'factory resets' and had a number of interactions with customer service at miniDSP, but the problem remains.
Sorry to interupt, but has anyone had the issue? I have no digital experience but I have a strong suspicion that this is a hardware issue re the volume control PCB.

Thanks, Peter in Canada

I'm using the Hypex DLCP and also experience problems where it will become unresponsive but still working.
I belive It is caused by the remote control for my sattelite tuner, sometimes when i use the remote the display in the DLCP will flash.

Just throwing this out there

Account Closed
Joined 2001
900 mVrms is max input level on the unbalanced (RCA) inputs, with the input jumpers set to their max-sensitivity positions. Max output levels are 2 Vrms on the RCAs and 8 Vrms on the balanced connectors, both of which can be attenuated by -6dB via the output DIP switch settings.

The max output levels they publish are actually not correct.
Max output on the RCA jacks is 1.3VRMS or 2.5VRMS. (Depending upon DIP switch.)
Max output on the Phoenix connectors is +/-2.5VRMS or +/-4.8VRMS. (Depending upon DIP switch.)
Referenced to ground in all cases.

Dave.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.