Remote Control for the BPBP

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I unstalled previous versions and installed the new app:

-It doesnt show that it scans for devices
-It doesnt show that it has found any device, however tapping in the black void screen it paires with Maya. So it works but not as designed i guess
-Continous volume-control is working
-Mute, Power and channel select is working
-Buttons 1 2 3 4 are not working, as is the 'lamp' button (what does this do?)

This is on a Samsung S5neo on android6.1 and Maya firmware 1.2 (i have no means to upgrade)

Hi,

You need to scan for module in android settings and pair with 1234. Than open Maya app and connect.
Buttons 1 2 3 4 will not work with firmware 1.2
The "lamp" button is to turn on/off display. Again this will not work with firmware 1.2

Thank very much you for testing and feedback !

Regards,
Tibi

MAYA 4 BPBP V1.6 what's new:
- firmware recompiled with a new oled library
- display is faster
- menus have been rewritten and are a bit more explanatory now
- stand-by indication by moving dot in a small square (oled display)
- now you are no more stuck in temperature and edit settings
- few more bugs corrected

Enjoy !

Regards,
Tibi

Hi all ,
please see a new firmware for BLE (only those with bluetooth BLE ) version of the Hans BPBPP controller.
Please test and feedback.
Have a nice day.

Hi,

I have replaced the old Bluetooth module with the BLE Module and installed the latest firmware 1.6. Unfortunately the BLE module does not work with Samsung S5Neo but does with Samsung S6, Tab10.5 and Moto G4.
My observations:

The BLE-Module
-Pairing with the module in Android does only work in the app. So turning on Bluetooth and pair it before starting the app does NOT work. The way to go is turning on Bluetooth and scan for the module and it connects from there.

The App
-Really nice! I had one misfunction once, going to Mute when unlocking the phone but could not repeat this after a restart of the phone.

Firmware 1.6
-Yes, the layout of the menu is more logical and no complains in the setup menu.
-The use of the unit without remote is still cumbersome when switching channels and take back volume control. Using the select button to change channel is OK but it takes 8 seconds before volume control comes back on. This is a long 8 seconds when music is blazing! Alternative is going tru the menu Mute/Settings/Volume to gain direct Volume control but like I said this is cumbersome. I would like to have a much shorter period when getting back volume-control. Even better: make this a choice for the user in the setup menu!
-Powering on/out of standby: it takes a longer time to turn on and off so it’s not like touch and go like with former firmware versions 1.2 and 1.5 (at first I thought it was broken…).
-Screensaver disabled and flashing display. The display is flashing very shortly at the time that the screensaver kicks in but is disabled. Just slightly annoying !-)
-Some programmable functions are lost when power is completely disabled. It still loses the remote control programming. I thought that was also on the wishlist? Also the screensaver setting is lost. Also it does not say “Saving the EEprom” when saving this with the remote-control

That’s it! If you could do something about the channel-select and getting the volume-control back I would be very happy!

Last edited:
Hi,

1. -The use of the unit without remote is still cumbersome when switching channels and take back volume control. Using the select button to change channel is OK but it takes 8 seconds before volume control comes back on. This is a long 8 seconds when music is blazing! Alternative is going tru the menu Mute/Settings/Volume to gain direct Volume control but like I said this is cumbersome. I would like to have a much shorter period when getting back volume-control. Even better: make this a choice for the user in the setup menu!
2. -Powering on/out of standby: it takes a longer time to turn on and off so it’s not like touch and go like with former firmware versions 1.2 and 1.5 (at first I thought it was broken…).
3. -Screensaver disabled and flashing display. The display is flashing very shortly at the time that the screensaver kicks in but is disabled. Just slightly annoying !-)
4. -Some programmable functions are lost when power is completely disabled. It still loses the remote control programming. I thought that was also on the wishlist? Also the screensaver setting is lost. Also it does not say “Saving the EEprom” when saving this with the remote-control

That’s it! If you could do something about the channel-select and getting the volume-control back I would be very happy!

Hi,
1. So you want a shorter time after changing the channel ?
2. I will post a version without this feature
3. I do not see this on my module but keep try-ing
4. Can you elaborate ? what function ? I really do not understand when lose remote programming , because in my testing never lose programming (?) And the routine for IR RC5 say only : "Save RC5 code " and after that "Done ...!!!" and NOT “Saving the EEprom”
----------------------------------------
Anyway,
I have done for you special a version that goes quick for volume after modify the channel and without stand by pixel ,
can you test and feedback ?

Attachments

• maya_v_1_6_rays_oled_bpp_ninp_BLE_GERBEN.zip
    22.5 KB · Views: 34
Hi,

I have replaced the old Bluetooth module with the BLE Module and installed the latest firmware 1.6. Unfortunately the BLE module does not work with Samsung S5Neo but does with Samsung S6, Tab10.5 and Moto G4.
My observations:

The BLE-Module
-Pairing with the module in Android does only work in the app. So turning on Bluetooth and pair it before starting the app does NOT work. The way to go is turning on Bluetooth and scan for the module and it connects from there.

Thank you very much for your feedback, Gerben !
Is your Samsung S5Neo upgraded to latest Android 7 ?
This ie the normal operation of BLE, aka Bluetooth Smart. Connection is initialised withing application and this is more convenable than going to phone Settings ...

The App
-Really nice! I had one misfunction once, going to Mute when unlocking the phone but could not repeat this after a restart of the phone.

Thank you ! A lot of work is behind this. Android and IOS apps are my work.

Firmware 1.6
-Yes, the layout of the menu is more logical and no complains in the setup menu.

Thanks again in behalf of Dan. He is the brain behind atmel firmware.

-The use of the unit without remote is still cumbersome when switching channels and take back volume control. Using the select button to change channel is OK but it takes 8 seconds before volume control comes back on. This is a long 8 seconds when music is blazing! Alternative is going tru the menu Mute/Settings/Volume to gain direct Volume control but like I said this is cumbersome. I would like to have a much shorter period when getting back volume-control. Even better: make this a choice for the user in the setup menu!

You can change volume as soon you change channel. No need to wait for big characters.

-Powering on/out of standby: it takes a longer time to turn on and off so it’s not like touch and go like with former firmware versions 1.2 and 1.5 (at first I thought it was broken…).

Yes, this si true, due a "moving dot" feature we have introduced. In stand-by you have a moving dot at the bottom right. This indicate your amplifier/preamplifier is in stand-by.

-Screensaver disabled and flashing display. The display is flashing very shortly at the time that the screensaver kicks in but is disabled. Just slightly annoying !-)

Well this I can't replicate. Do you have OLED display ? Which manufacturer ?

-Some programmable functions are lost when power is completely disabled. It still loses the remote control programming. I thought that was also on the wishlist? Also the screensaver setting is lost. Also it does not say “Saving the EEprom” when saving this with the remote-control

Again, This I can not replicate. I have programey yesterday 4 different remotes. None was lost after complete power off/on.

Can you please rewrite firmware ?

There are three commands to program:

avrdude -c usbtiny -p m32

avrdude -c usbtiny -p m32 -U lfuse:w:0xf1:m -U hfuse:w:0x99:m

avrdude -c usbtiny -p m32 -U flash:w:FIRMWARE_FILE_NAME.hex

Regards,
Tibi

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

The second command line is different than the command line in the manual for the firmware upgrade on your website:

You write:
There are three commands to program:

avrdude -c usbtiny -p m32

avrdude -c usbtiny -p m32 -U lfuse:w:0xf1:m -U hfuse:w:0x99:m

avrdude -c usbtiny -p m32 -U flash:w:FIRMWARE_FILE_NAME.hex

From the manual:
" Next step is to write fusebit :
root@tibix:/# avrdude -c usbtiny -p m32 -U lfuse:w:0xc4:m -U hfuse:w:0xd9:m "

Which one to use?:)

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.