Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Analog Line Level Preamplifiers , Passive Pre-amps, Crossovers, etc.

Remote Control for the BPBP
Remote Control for the BPBP
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 1st December 2017, 07:26 AM   #291
tvicol is offline tvicol  Romania
diyAudio Member

Remote Control for the BPBP Remote Control for the BPBP
Today you may buy one Maya for BPBP with OLED display and IOS or Android at a little discount.
VoICB pcb board with 2 channels is included.
Power relay board is included.
OLED display green or blue. Please mention in paypal order.

Regards,
Tibi
Old 1st December 2017, 07:54 AM   #292
burkm is offline burkm
diyAudio Member

Default X-mas offer 2017

Am I correct that this sums up to

Maya for BPB 149.00 EUR (either smartphone OS)
Postage and shipping 20.00 EUR (EU)
add VAT 19% 32.11 EUR

Sum 201.11 EUR

What firmware version ?
Old 1st December 2017, 08:09 AM   #293
diyAudio Member

149 + 22shipping + 19%VAT for EU +4%paypal = 210,33

Firmware ver14.

Regards,
Tibi
Old 21st January 2018, 07:35 AM   #294
hanswolek is offline hanswolek  Spain
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvicol View Post
149 + 22shipping + 19%VAT for EU +4%paypal = 210,33

Firmware ver14.

Regards,
Tibi
hi Tibi,
I am not sure where is the latest version of the Firmware for Maya with VoICB for BPBP with ... I saw comment that 1.4 is only for regular Maya (6 inputs etc) but not sure which one is for Maya for BPBP which i have and where to download it.
The one from your website is 1.4 but seems not to be for BPBP.

In this thread there is 6 months old "maya_v_1_3_h_rays_oled_bpp_ninp.zip" (i have OLED screen) but that is 1.3

Could you post the link please ?

thank you !

Last edited by hanswolek; 21st January 2018 at 07:37 AM. Reason: missed details
Old 22nd January 2018, 09:53 AM   #295
diyAudio Member

Hanswolek,

For the time been we have firmware only for IOS, but in order to use IOS you need another bluetooth module.
BLE used by Apple does not work seamlessly with any Android phone, at least at this time.

Brgds,
Tibi
Old 22nd January 2018, 11:06 AM   #296
hanswolek is offline hanswolek  Spain
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvicol View Post
Hanswolek,

For the time been we have firmware only for IOS, but in order to use IOS you need another bluetooth module.
BLE used by Apple does not work seamlessly with any Android phone, at least at this time.

Brgds,
Tibi
Great thanks
1 how do i order nee BT modele ?
2 whereíd to download latest firmware for vicol to improve ClickiNg sound when increasing volume I have oled version
Thank you !
Old 4th March 2018, 04:35 PM   #297
nihtila is offline nihtila  Finland
diyAudio Member

Default Relay attenuator crosstalk

Has anyone using the relay attenuator measured crosstalk with good measurement kit? I see slight issues in my implementation.

What I have done is combine Bruno's preamp and Hans's relay attenuator and chuck in a microcontroller circuit, see schematics attached. Everything works fine, it has been in use since last summer. It is very quiet, noise level is somewhere around -114dBV with 0 dB max gain.

However, crosstalk is not as good as it should be. At 0 dB when all relays are on it is superb at around -130 dB at 10 kHz BUT when I take volume down even 1 dB, crosstalk tanks to -95 dB. At first I blamed the relays but then thought it must be my layout as xtalk is so good when all relays are on. But after some investigation I do think it is the relays. When they are on, it is all low-impedance path through the relays but when one is off, there is higher impedance contact hanging about that seems to pick up the signal from the other channel.

Of course this does not have any practical meaning but as the goal in this was to make superb (also in terms of measurements) preamp, this does bother me. However, fixing would mean complete re-design with separate relays for each channel.

I will try to confirm my findings at work with audio analyser next week.

PS. If you wonder where are the attenuator relays on photos, they are on bottom side - I screwed up the layout First time I used relays that have polarity so did not even see it...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg M5II_180121-12.jpg (136.4 KB, 107 views)
File Type: jpg M5II_180121-17.jpg (213.2 KB, 106 views)
File Type: jpg M5II_180121-57.jpg (465.8 KB, 109 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf BHT_PreAmp_v10A_sch.pdf (340.9 KB, 27 views)
Old 4th March 2018, 05:23 PM   #298
Hans Polak is offline Hans Polak  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Nihtila,

Let me first say how impressed I am by your ďall in oneĒ design.
At first sight you seem to have implemented everything perfectly.
The difference between all relays on and all other settings is not just a matter of impedance, but in all other settings you are using the extra line gndr and gndl.
So when these lines are capacitively picking up signal from the other channel this may also cause crosstalk going down.

When however your suspicion is right, the more attenuation, the higher the impedance and the further crosstalk should go down, is it ?
The other question is, is the crosstalk from R-L the same as from L-R ?

At this very moment I donít have the time to measure crosstalk with my preamp, but after next week thatís no problem unless somebody else can do it on shorter notice.

Hans
Old 4th March 2018, 05:45 PM   #299
nihtila is offline nihtila  Finland
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Polak View Post
Nihtila,

Let me first say how impressed I am by your ďall in oneĒ design.
At first sight you seem to have implemented everything perfectly.
The difference between all relays on and all other settings is not just a matter of impedance, but in all other settings you are using the extra line gndr and gndl.
So when these lines are capacitively picking up signal from the other channel this may also cause crosstalk going down.

When however your suspicion is right, the more attenuation, the higher the impedance and the further crosstalk should go down, is it ?
The other question is, is the crosstalk from R-L the same as from L-R ?

At this very moment I donít have the time to measure crosstalk with my preamp, but after next week thatís no problem unless somebody else can do it on shorter notice.

Hans
Thank you for your kind words Hans!

Those long GNDL and GNDR reference traces were indeed my first suspicions as that is the difference in the circuit when one or more relays are off. I still cannot say 100% sure they are not the reason for this increased crosstalk but there is quite some clearance on board and in fact I have not seen this bad crosstalk in any of my boards. This is by no means optimal layout but should not be my worst either. Unless I am totally blind to something which is possible.

Crosstalk changes between -85 and -95 depending on relay settings, except -130 when all on. But I have not been able to see clear pattern how it changes. I was also expecting that. But then again, if it is a combination of the impedance at certain point and the rest of the division network it can be more complex.. at least it is complex trying to think how it goes

Crosstalk is practically identical L->R and R->L. This is also one reason why I thought it would not be the GNDL and GNDR traces based on how they go on PCB.

I just prepared one board with all attenuation resistors and opamps around, nothing else. Then shorted relay contacts in "all on" position. I will measure crosstalk, then change one short on "off" position and see what happens. So basically replace relays with shorts. I just don't have audio measurement kit at home so it is a bit slow to debug. But I have access to AP at work so shouldn't complain too much.

But if someone has good enough kit, would be interesting to hear crosstalk measurements in different layout.
Old 5th March 2018, 07:11 AM   #300
diyAudio Member

New MAYA BPBP version 1.5 with IOS support has been released.
Thanks to Hanswolek we have now a final version for IOS, fully tested and with several nice improvements, like display on/off from menu and remote, more clear menus and a number of long standing bugs finally cleared.

Please note that in order to use MAYA BPBP with an iPhone you need a BLE module. This can be purchased from us.

Latest MAYA BPBP Android firmware can be downloaded from here
Latest MAYA BPBP IOS firmware can be downloaded from here

Download MAYA remote control for IOS from App Store

More information on vicol audio : MAYA - world best stepped volume attenuator

Regards,
Tibi

Remote Control for the BPBPHide this!Advertise here!