Remote Control for the BPBP

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It seems i got the same problem, i have select the "Ena/dis temp sh" and now i just cannot do anything...

Please confirm me that the new firmware correct the problem.

Is their any way to solve this problem ? Or i will have to wait for my atmel programmer arrive in several weeks ...

It seems i got the same problem, i have select the "Ena/dis temp sh" and now i just cannot do anything...

Please confirm me that the new firmware correct the problem.

Is their any way to solve this problem ? Or i will have to wait for my atmel programmer arrive in several weeks ...

Hi all ,there is a quick fix for this : please make a strap to ground for both pins in the middle of temperature connector on board. Please look here :
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/grou...dvanced-volume-controller-23.html#post4841580
The picture there show to jumpers in place of missing temperature sensor that fix the missing sensor.
After those 2 straps are in place between center and minus of both temperature sensor pins on Maya like in photo,
then the controller will let you enter the settings and disable show temperature.

Last edited:
I put two jumpers and now it's working fine, thank you. :D

I still don't understand how to keep my settings, every time i power off my unit the settings are lost (ir remote, volume level, input name etc) ?

I had this problem, see my earlier posts. Tibi suggested reflashing the software, but before I could get my head around how to do that I tried an Apple remote and my unit does remember that!

I put two jumpers and now it's working fine, thank you. :D

I still don't understand how to keep my settings, every time i power off my unit the settings are lost (ir remote, volume level, input name etc) ?
Hi,
Re-flashing with the latest firmware the unit will solve the issue .
If re-flashing does not resolve the issue please return to us for service investigations and replacing.
Best regards.

Hello,

Ok i will try with the new firmware. I order this to flash :
USBtinyISP AVR Atmel programmer for Arduino Bootloader | eBay

I attach a photo of my build, it include the maya plus a soekris dac in balanced configuration. My front panel was done by schaeffer, i attach the files so if someone want to use it :D

The controller cutout fits very well, only the volume knob have a little mistake, it's pcb screw hole are not well fitted. I also replace the push button by this :
59-516 ITW SWITCHES, Commutateur à bouton-poussoir, Off-(On), SPST-NO, 125 V, 50 V, 125 mA, A souder | Farnell element14 France

The first push button is the maya source/menu button, the other is an i2s switch for my usb xmos / i2s over hdmi. I do not want to use the maya standby switch, so do you plan to offer an option to disable the auto standby on startup ?

Regards

Attachments

• IMG_20170522_131944.jpg
    IMG_20170522_131944.jpg
    780.4 KB · Views: 254
  • maya-fpd-files.zip
    1.9 KB · Views: 56
Very nice work and thank you for front pannel files !
How do you power the unit with remote without standby ?
BTW does bluetooth remote work with that small window ? A 30mm by 30mm would be minimum recommendation.

Regards,
Tibi

Last edited by a moderator:
I do not ask to remove the standby option, only to have an option that when i power on my unit it doesn't auto standby.

For now as my remote do not work (i have a small hypex remote) i keep the standby switch, that you see on the left side.

But i will remove it soon and use the bluetooth as it works perfectly. :D

Regards

I do not ask to remove the standby option, only to have an option that when i power on my unit it doesn't auto standby.

For now as my remote do not work (i have a small hypex remote) i keep the standby switch, that you see on the left side.

But i will remove it soon and use the bluetooth as it works perfectly. :D

Regards

Ok, now is clear. You mentioned that you do not make use of standby relays and this confused me. Will look into this and come with a future update.

Please also note that Android application was updated last month with some better graphics.
vicol audio : MAYA - your ultimate volume-controller

Regards,
Tibi

Ok, now is clear. You mentioned that you do not make use of standby relays and this confused me. Will look into this and come with a future update.

Please also note that Android application was updated last month with some better graphics.
vicol audio : MAYA - your ultimate volume-controller

Regards,
Tibi

Hello,

This option would be very appreciate in my build. I use the new application and it is great and fine looking. One comment : when i start the app, i need to click on the bluetooth button and set the maya every time, or it say something like "error broken pipe" ?

I receive my programmer and i manage to upgrade the firmware to 1.3.h. Now the maya remember my remote and input names :D. However it doesn't remember my volume. It remember when i standby/wake up, but if i power off => power on, volume is always at 7db.

Regards

Hello,

However it doesn't remember my volume. It remember when i standby/wake up, but if i power off => power on, volume is always at 7db.

Regards

Yes, when the power is removed the volume goes back to the default startup volume, full attenuation. The Maya is designed to be powered on at all times. If you switch it externally I don't think that the bluetooth would work to power it on.

Testing VOLCB board

Hello, I was wondering if there was a way to test if the VOLCB board was working? Before I connect the Maya control to the VOLCB, the LED in the back lights up and the display shows The warming up message and the volume level. Once I connect it to the VOLCB, the LED on the Maya is no longer on and nothing is on the screen? I have attached pictures of the VOLCB and BPBP.

Attachments

• IMG_0665.jpg
    IMG_0665.jpg
    745.6 KB · Views: 299
  • IMG_0666.jpg
    IMG_0666.jpg
    750.3 KB · Views: 299
Sound like something is overloading the power supply when you connect the VolCB board.

Have you made sure your +5V and GND wires do route in correct order from VolCB to MAYA (I think the cable needs to make a twist as the order on Maya board is different. Try connecting only the +5 and GND and not the data line and see if same happens.

You don't have a picture from bottom of the VolCB- are the diodes soldered on in correct polarity?

Thank you!

Sound like something is overloading the power supply when you connect the VolCB board.

Have you made sure your +5V and GND wires do route in correct order from VolCB to MAYA (I think the cable needs to make a twist as the order on Maya board is different. Try connecting only the +5 and GND and not the data line and see if same happens.

You don't have a picture from bottom of the VolCB- are the diodes soldered on in correct polarity?

I'll remove the board and take pictures although I'm pretty certain I did it correctly. The line (cathode) on one side of the diode is supposed to correspond with the line side on the PCB correct?

Same question: Diodes mounted correctly ?
Why the PCA9554 instead of the advised PCA8574, these are not identical

Hans

Stupidity. Mouser indicated the part was obsolete so I ordered the very next one down the list without examining the specifications. Would you happen to have the part number for Mouser? This is what they are recommending as an alternative
http://www.mouser.com/Search/Produc...12virtualkey66800000virtualkey771-PCF85AT3512
I was wondering if this would work? Thank you!

Bao

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.