KRK VTX4 - Replacing filter caps, still noisy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
A customer gave me a KRK VTX4 that had a cracling noise when beeing turned on.
It was not sitting in the basement for years, he actually uses them all the time.
Two 12000uF/35V (25mm diameter) had gone bad. I took them out and they sounded like a pair of "maracas".
All I could find locally were 12000uF/63V (35mm diam.) and they didn't fit, so I had to move the new caps out of the circuit board and into an empty space inside the monitor (next to the LF driver). The new caps are connected to their original location on the pcb by 3 wires.
So far so good.
There is still some kind of crackling coming out of the monitor. Less than before but still something, so I think that there is another bad cap somewhere inside.
These monitors have this nasty black plastic/rubber/silicone inside, probably to eliminate noise but definively to give tecnicians a hard time...

Also, aparently there are no schematics on the internet.

BTW, I know that a lot of guys don't like these particular monitors, but my customer does...

Sooo, any idea of what to look for?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.