Tape Head Pre Amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all, I am in need of some info regarding preplacing the two (2) AuriCaps in my tape head preamp. They are .33/+/- 10% 600volts. I had planed to check out the new AuriCaps XO, but don't know if that would be a big improvement. On the other hand I wonder if I decided to use a different brand of cap with the same electrical charactertics would that make a difference. I was thinking of trying lower/moderate priced Mundorf, Jantzen or some other good sounding caps. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all.

Good morning again all, actually, there are several music loving company's that produce high quality 2 track running at 15ips. These tape producers are providing 10 inch tapes with classical as well as jazz music of the higest quality. Many audio shows use these tapes to show off their speakers. Finally, there are tape head preamps that sell from about $2000 up. I have some jazz and classical music tapes that sound better than my VPI turntable and Grado cartridge. So, the tape head preamp plays a major role in how those tapes sound coming out of my Magnapan speakers. Thanks for your comments. And forgive me if I did not place my first post in the right forum. Thanks so much.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.