Polarity dependant EQing?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
is there any way to equalize, for example, just the negative half of an audio signal? if i clip a signal asymmetrically, can I low-pass just the clipped side to bleed some of the clipping fuzz? it's just an idea i had to try to force out the inherent high-harmonics of solid-state while keeping one side un-altered for "clarity". I'm probably off base with that idea, but I'm curious to try it and i can't think of any way to do it.

Last edited:
As Ic says you split the signal into + and - halves and you can boost one side or cut the other. Is this guitar fuzz? If you change the gain of 1 side there will be a near dc added to the output that varies with the average size of the wave. Guitar amps+speakers can stomach it, but more hifi stuff will not like it.

Thanks guys. It is for a guitar distortion, and possibly an attempt at a "tube sound" gimmick. But, if it's as complicated as it sounds, it's probably not worth trying at power amp levels. I'll definitely stick to making some kind of preamp, though it sounds like I'll have to work with my nemesis; the Op-Amp. But that's beside the point. Thanks again.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.