Home Theater Passive-AVC? TVC?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey all,

I started this discussion int he Pass forum and AndrewT told me it was a no go with a modded Pass B1 with LDR or Mesmerize board so I started doing some digging and now I am looking at an AVC based passive home theater preamp.

Here are my goals.

9.1 channels with channel level settings for "balance"

.1 of course for the sub so even splitting the input on one of the inputs would be good. If this doesn't work on passives then I will just use a splitter.

I would like to have 3 inputs including the 9 for the HT so I could have something like an Oppo, turntable, and Dac hooked up to it. Maybe another input of 5.1 or something for hooking up an HTPC but that will probably be hooked up to the Oppo with the HDMI in or through and HDMI switch.

Why 9 channels? well I am trying to have more future proofing for Dolby Atmos or DTS X.

I would also like to do 2 outputs so I can have a game one in the family room and atlas get the audio on the patio while I am out there cooking.

The way I see it, now that we are seeing some RoomEQ boxes dedicated to EQ like the miniDSP Dirac box, there is no need to have much processing at the preamp.

Anyone have any input on the best way to get this done?

I would really like to get going on this project as I think it could be a lot of fun but my electrical knowledge is limited from a design perspective.

alright well maybe someone can chime in here.

Doing some further research it looks like an AVC/TVC can cause some impedance issues. Would the mesmerize DCB1 be a better thing to look at to mod.

I am thinking I can daisy chain the separate LDRs together with a "Master" volume to get this to work.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.