MOX - active crossover

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
What happens when you need a dual op-amp? ... Vince

I like 'your mess' as you call it. In my case I chose to use the legacy Pro 2520 pin format that has become standard for DOAs. My goal was to drive the circuit into a standardized gain block so that I might exploit it for use in other projects. When I built my version of the MOX active crossover I moved the filters themselves to daughterboards that plug into a standardized motherboard. I also cheated and used LM4562s. Ha, ha ...

However in my defense it was some time later when I decided to migrate the MOX OpAmp into a 2520 compliant package. I have since conjured 3 variations using different JFET pairs. Recently I have built them as the active elements of an old school phono preamp. They all sound especially good. If I have a preference it might be for the variation using the Linear Systems TO-71 can as it sounds especially nice playing my favorite jazz piano pieces.

MOX_LinearSystem%20LSK389_DOA.jpg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.