HK citation 17- new output relay switch

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Recently restored an HK citation 17 preamp. Been running fine but recently the relay switch on the output board died. I took it out of the circuit and the unit runs OK.

Problem is I have transient DC (~1VDC) at the outputs on turn on/off that is no longer protected by the relay.

I have two questions:
1) is that normal for the preamp to have such high transients or should I be looking for a problem?
2) the relay is a 24V reed 2-pole which from what I gather is no longer available. Any body have insight into a replacement?

Thanks for the help and can post schematics if needed

Hi,
I would check first the relay coil enable voltage. You should read .6 volts when enable. The relay enable it is coming from the power supply and it is enable by Q1 and the 24 volts.

If I recall the lead coming off of Q1 and going to the relay measured around .55V when unit was powered on. I thought maybe it was wrong as schematic showed 2.3V if I am reading correctly. But it would be more re-assuring if it was supposed to be closer to .6V

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.