Phono stage on ebay EAR834 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Analog Line Level

Analog Line Level Preamplifiers , Passive Pre-amps, Crossovers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th May 2015, 02:31 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Phono stage on ebay EAR834

Is this any good?

Douk audio United Kingdom ear834 Phono diy KIT (PCB+resistance+transistor) HIFI | eBay

What valves and psu would suit this. May be a bit of an ambitious first step into valves for me.

Last edited by anjump123; 15th May 2015 at 02:33 PM.
Old 11th July 2015, 11:14 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Hi! I am considering the same kit, did you buy it? If yes, how is the quality?
Old 11th July 2015, 12:40 PM   #3
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Given that this vendor has stolen the trademark, you should be automatically suspicious, since he's clearly unethical. The circuit could be anything, the parts could be mystery meat.

I would absolutely avoid this, and anything else offered by vendors who have demonstrated their dishonesty.
Old 11th July 2015, 02:43 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Thanks for your feedback SY. It did look suspicious for sure, this is why I wanted to know more about it. Regarding the copyright aspect, I did not consider that for first glance. But it does sound logical that a schematic is as protected as any other intellectual property.
Old 14th July 2015, 04:20 PM   #5
atupi is offline atupi  Romania
diyAudio Member

I suppose is the same like any other chinese clone from ebay. Cheap with average results and zero support.
Old 14th July 2015, 04:29 PM   #6
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

What they're stealing is the trademark. The schematic may or may not be anything resembling the original (more likely not), and the layout certainly won't be the same. Safest not to deal with thieves, IMO.

Hide this!Advertise here!