Need help with schematics

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello I have an unusual problem that I could use some help with. I like to play competitive fps games but I'm deaf in one ear. This means I have trouble locating the bad guys before they locate me. Usually To locate footsteps in game i swing around wildly with a wide stereo pan to figure out where they are, which is how I find things in real life. But this has it's limits.

I tried sending both channels to one headphone can with loads of bass and cut trebles to one side. This helps give me information from both sides and lets me tell which side is which. But I did this with software and it adds a ton of latency to the effected channel.

So I want to do this with hardware- take the stereo headphone line- split it into two channels, run one through some eq of some sort (possible more) and then send both channels to the same headphone can afterwards.

I've made a Guitar amp before and some Fx pedals but always from someone elses schematics.

If someone could point me to a schematic for a simple mixer that would work I would appreciate it!

Not sure if this is the right forum for this but hey, gotta start somewhere.

The inverting or summing circuit will ADD two signal together.

You can do what you like to the two separate channels before the summing stage.

Once summed you can feed the total signal to one headphone or to both headphones.

However, if moving your head helps you to "locate", then would it be better to have spaced stereo speakers either side of you and use your locating processing to find the external sounds.

The inverting or summing circuit will ADD two signal together.

You can do what you like to the two separate channels before the summing stage.

Once summed you can feed the total signal to one headphone or to both headphones.

However, if moving your head helps you to "locate", then would it be better to have spaced stereo speakers either side of you and use your locating processing to find the external sounds.

This locating process is the worst process in the world. It takes me many attempts to find my beeping phone and this is with the added benefit of walking around. I've tried uses speakers before and tbh all the sound is just merged into one mess in my brain.

At least with only one active ear phone, due to the way the game sounds are heavily panned, I can be sure that a sound that i hear HAS to be coming from 180 degrees to my right. Sounds from the left don't play at all. Which is why I get shot in the side in certain embarrassing situations.

How about instead having the left and right speakers both on your good side, one more toward the front, and the other more toward the back?
This is an interesting idea and something these guys are doing https://www.kickstarter.com/project...a-headphone-for-people-with-single-sided-hear
I've tried using speakers as you suggest and the tonal difference isn't great enough to quickly discern which speaker it's playing from. But this is essentially the effect I'm trying to create.

At the moment I'm looking for a way to isolate the left channel totally. I.e no center panned information in it at all. Then I could do crazy stuff like a ring modulator without it messing with VOIP and things like my own footsteps and gun sounds.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.