New Guy Needs Help With Optimus 31-2025 Graphic Equalizer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
They would certainly help but it should also be possible to figure it out if it uses common parts. Work backwards from an LED that isn't displaying as it should, see what drives it and where that device gets its input signal from. From what you describe, you could reproduce a fault like that by feeding the LED section the signal that has been low pass filtered... the dried up cap. You never know. You have to start somewhere though :)

I can trace back from the wiring harnesses that go from the display to the main board. That should work. Look up the pin-outs for the chips and then see what pins are inputs and what pins are outputs. At least for measuring highs and lows, logical high is 5vdc while a low is 0 vdc. If I have to look at waveforms, I'm shot. I don't have a scope.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.