Why white noise is always present?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Originally Posted by danny92

Thank you for your fast answer and for clarifying my questions

Pleasure :)

I'm afraid that if the gain of the opamp U3 gets lower than 1, phase and gain margins can get too low and cause oscillations, but I'm not sure if that could really happen

Don't worry, it'll be fine ;)

Mooly makes a good point. A unity gain stable device such as the NE5534 i suggested earlier will be fine. And they will also be fine in the other positions too. You could use the NE5532 dual versions if you want to. Any unused + & - inputs should be connected to ground, if you don't use both sections.

@ Mooly

Quite right ;)

@ danny92

It can be made to be unity gain stable though with the addition of one small capacitor between Pin 5 & 8. 20pf should do it.

The frequency response can be optimized with an external compensation capacitor for various applications (unity gain amplifier, https://www.onsemi.com/pub/Collateral/NE5534-D.PDF

Some OpAmps are no longer available in 8 PIN DIP packages, so wouldn't fit the board you have ! Search for ones that are. The NE5534/2 are though from Onsemi @ least :)

@ AndrewT

Slew Rate with CC = 22 pF = 6Vus = Plently more than enough !

Attachments

• sr.png
    sr.png
    14.6 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.