Parametric EQ after pre-amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Member
Joined 2007
So my old Yamaha needs a rebuild and I have been persuaded that a rebuild will simply be expensive as I don't have the skills and tools needed to do a better than average job.
I am looking at purchasing a second hand Cambridge Audio unit the 840-E
but I am not sure if the tione controls will do the job I want done on very low bass @ ~30Hz
Is there a decent PEQ at the cheaper end of the market anybody would recommend?
Not interested in computer based solutions as everything else is analogue at this stage

Pioneer GR-333. I have 2 of them in like new condition. They sound really nice. I also have a more pro SG-90 17 band/ch eq. and is a PITA to adjust.
GR-555 is basically the same as the GR-333 but with "spectrum analyzer" at each channel. Both are 7 band/ch units. Lowest band pot is 64Hz but will get you covered pretty good down below 30Hz.
I suggest you cut freq with the 150Hz pot may be at -8dB and you'll remove some of the nasty boom sound.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.