Adding in RCA Outputs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey Everyone.. first post and I am *really* not sure if I am even posting this in the right area. If not, moderators can you move it to where it *should* be?

I am not sure if I can attach pictures or not, so I will describe it the best I can. When my father-in-law passed away, my mother-in-law gave us his new (but made to look like an old radio) the one with a CD drive and AM/FM radio, Turn Table etc.

What I want to do, is put some red/white RCA jacks on the back so I can output it to my Onkyo Amp so I can spin some vinyl and listen outside near the pool via Zone 2 or what not.

I have looked around and really, the question is, what do I cut/splice to out put what is heading to the built in speakers to the Red and White respectively from each speaker?

Well, I hope I can figure this out. I have electronic experience as an Avionics Technician, so soldering isn't an issue, I just need to know what to do.

Thanks.. let me try to attch the pics.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    575.5 KB · Views: 114
  • image-1.jpeg
    image-1.jpeg
    739 KB · Views: 117
  • image-2.jpeg
    image-2.jpeg
    625.5 KB · Views: 109
  • image-3.jpeg
    image-3.jpeg
    491.7 KB · Views: 102
Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Hi And welcome to diyAudio. I've moved to Analog Line level as that seems to be the best spot. Note that you do not want to take speaker level output for your rca's it needs to be line level before the main amplifier. Any details on the internals would be helpful :)

Tony.

Thanks Tony,

I have not 'cracked the case' yet, but if it would help forum members, I can. Now this just got tough :( pre-amplifier.. I was hoping for yeah, snip the wires going to the speaker and solder them to some wire then to the posts of the RCA output jacks.. bummer..

Joe

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.