Help with component selection for filter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I have decided to add a parametric equalizer to my active crossover because I need to take care of a peak in the midrange response of my midwoofer.

My crossover is implemented on the following PCB: Linkwitz-Riley Electronic Crossover (And it works absolutely perfect by the way).

For my parametric equalizer, I would like to implement the following project:
Parametric and Sub-Woofer Equaliser. (I know, this board includes do more than just a parametric equalizer, but it is also very versatile and a cool thing to have in my box of DIY candy.

My plan is to use the OP amp OPA2604.

First question:
The designer Rod Elliot recommends the following:
"Remember that all opamps need bypass capacitors on the supply pins, and I suggest that a 10uF electrolytic is used from both supply rails to earth for the whole board, and 100nF ceramic capacitors should be used as close as possible from each supply pin to earth. Keep all leads as short as possible. If fast opamps are used, you will need to take great pains to ensure that the bypassing is effective to prevent oscillation."

Could someone be so kind to illustrate where in the diagram I should place these capacitors? (this is where you figure out that I am a newbie... :D)

Second question:
What type of capacitors should I use?

Last of all, for those of you who haven't seen the ESP site and all the articles and PCBs available there, I recommend a visit: Elliott Sound Products - The Audio Pages (Main Index)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.