Acurus L10 Preamp Mods & Schematic

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
From what I have seen there are many professional upgraders that will not disclose any info beyond a general statement of the work they perform. I'm sure that plenty of individuals contact them looking for upgrade tips and hints, never really planning to purchase anything from them. If your email to one of them seems like you are fishing for info then at best you may get a blow-off statement or you may never get a reply at all.

Could be?

From what I have seen there are many professional upgraders that will not disclose any info beyond a general statement of the work they perform. I'm sure that plenty of individuals contact them looking for upgrade tips and hints, never really planning to purchase anything from them. If your email to one of them seems like you are fishing for info then at best you may get a blow-off statement or you may never get a reply at all.

That could be the case I guess, but I was just asking how long it would take to get the pre-amp back. And with all ken says he does, it really doesn't seem like he's hiding the work he does and the upgrades? Who knows. I'm new to the game. My interest changed to tube preamps anyways, so ken won't be seeing my Acurus, if it breaks, I'll go elsewhere 😎

Not sure what exactly ken does to l10's.... But I had mine done a year ago and am still enjoying my much improved preamp! It's like night and day compared to stock.
I haven't even lifted the cover to look.... Don't care what was done cause it sounds fantastic.
He did mine in about 1 mth. I didn't have any issues. I've also discussed other upgrades with him and always found it to be a fruitful conversation.
Bottom line it's hard to beat my modded l10 for what I have in it (about $500 total).

Glad you had such a great experience with ole' Ken.

Hopefully in the future, someone can get a hold of one of his modified L10's and a stock L10 to compare their sound quality and circuit layout...just to see what he actually does.

Mr. "extreme audio" hard at work::rolleyes:
Ken Ealey Audio -- About My Work

Attachments

• ken.png
    ken.png
    343.2 KB · Views: 348
Last edited:
got me to pull the cover on mine last night (needed to look at the fuse anyway)..
looks just like the post#7 on page 1.
the description of "what to expect" on kens page is accurate in my experience.
it's truely a great sounding pre now.
i don't get paid to say this nor am i a personal friend...
i've taken L10 pre to friends houses for a/b testing and it's blown away some pretty nice and expensive preamps!

if you want to try one out make me an offer:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.