VU Meter ballistics

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Its like we keep saying, well lets try and put it another way. All the meter movements have mass that needs moving. A transient peak just doesn't do it, you need more sophisticated electronics to stretch and hold that peak so the meter can respond. And the other problem as DF96 mentions is the rectifier volt drop. The voltage needed to overcome that is actually more than enough to give decent audio output from most speakers, but the meter are blind to it.

A transient peak just doesn't do it, you need more sophisticated electronics to stretch and hold that peak so the meter can respond.

P { margin-bottom: 0.08in; } I didn't design the circuit that I'm using, I just found it online in "AT" Magazine (see Attach AT51..... for accompanying article). I'm still searching in vain for the elusive ballistics circuit, so far I've only found "VUPPM..... " s. Attach which I can't use as it needs a dual supply and anyway I don't need PPM facility. So if anybody comes across a proper circuit, knock yourself out, let us know about it please.

Attachments

• AT51_DIY_VU.pdf
    604.8 KB · Views: 55
  • VU.PPMCircuit.png
    VU.PPMCircuit.png
    10.8 KB · Views: 101
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.