Any AIKIDO-philes who know why Broskie has changed the formula

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
for calculating the divider network in the cathode follower?

Noticed in the manual for the stand alone ACF that the "top" resistor is much smaller than what has been suggested before.

I am just a hobbyist builder who is using the phono stage board and trying to make it as good as possible. I am going to try the new value (from the formulas given) and listen if I hear a difference. It is not a small change, it is a dramatic lowering of the value.

I have asked Mr. Broskie and have received no answer, which is expected and not a problem but I would like to know if any of those with more knowledge of circuits than me (which is just about everyone) has an explanation.

If I recall correctly that divider, sets a ripple level in the current source, counteracting an opposite ripple level, wich will cancel the majority of the ripple. Use a pot, trim it for lowest oiutput ripple, then replace the pot with a fixed value :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.