Line level mixing

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
this is circuit picture.I means is when mute control switch to left,Q1 can turn-on slowly.And ,the signal on LineInp1 fade out.

Attachments

• mixer.JPG
    mixer.JPG
    166.2 KB · Views: 76
Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
I'm not so sure the transistor would fade the signal as you want. It would tend to conduct fairly quickly as the base-emitter junction come into conduction probably introducing a lot of audible distortion in the transition period. Even FET's do that to some extent.

C5 and C7 are far to big. If you need them at all then somewhere around 10 to 47pf is suitable.

Edit... and C6

Last edited:
this is circuit picture.I means is when mute control switch to left,Q1 can turn-on slowly.And ,the signal on LineInp1 fade out.
When the mute control is switched to the right, it short circuits the 10uF capacitor. The high current can cause a small arc in the switch. After many switchings, the switch contacts may be damaged.

It may be better to move the 10K resistor like this:

Attachments

• mute.GIF
    mute.GIF
    10.8 KB · Views: 34
Sorry to revive this old 3ad, but we (a non profit organization) need a fully-passive "mixer" that does an L+R and can manage both balanced and unbalanced audio.

Something like the Australian Monitor's "Mixed Up" (that is quite expansive, check it out: http://www.australianmonitor.com.au/products/product/mixed-up) but with just 2 XLR-combos as inputs and a balanced/jack as out.

It would be great to have an opensource/DIY project for this kind of tool.

Thanks in advice.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.