Bluetooth Lightspeed attenuator

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok, here's an idea I'm toying with... it's easy enough to mod an existing lightspeed attentuator and add bluetooth connectivity to it.

Remove 100k stereo pot from the lightspeed
Add Arduino & bluetooth module (& smartphone)
Develop smartphone app / Arduino sketch

Once your smart phone is paired with the bluetooth module - a running "sketch" on the arduino will control 2 outputs PWM from 0 to 5v (which is not in the signal path of the audio signal)

Might be able to get by converting PWM output to analog voltage using a simple low pass filter (if it's too noisy, there are other methods)...

Resources;
BTInterface Android Bluetooth controller for PC Laptop Arduino Raspberry Pi PIC and all Micro controllers. LADDER BASIC C++

I thought it be fun to give this a go; I've had my arduino controller sitting in a box untouched for over a year. This should be a nice little project.

Hmm... I always say that a talented DIY-er could do everything.

I also had an idea like you to generate PWM for the LDR LED part. I tested it with an Attiny25 MCU ($5) the pot read by an ADC and the PWM output was set according the ADC.
I think LEDs are slow enough, so the low pass filter may not be needed at all. But I did not have an Oscilloscope to test the LDR output with this.

Instead of bluetooth maybe you could start with a TSOP Ir receiver and the RC5 protocol for an infrared remote solution. It is a good project too.
For that not even an Arduino needed. It could be done with a single Atmel MCU.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.