Help getting 5.1 preamp from Ebay repaired please!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have bought this:
HLLY Hifi 5.1 DTS AC3 DIGIT AUDIO DECODER DAC Decoder | eBay

The 12th of August 2012 from the seller hlly_headphone on Ebay and from the start it has had some problems with the IR remote. Most common it is the remote that doesn't work because it is dropped or had a little drink, but none of that here.

Recently it stopped working at all, but the remote works fine. Light is coming from the IR led, IR receiver in the unit works, scope shows the signal reaches the processor, but nothing happens...:(

I've sent this seller messages a couple of times now, but don't get any feedback at all!!:headbash:

It would be great to get it back on the road as it is sitting there now as a rather expensive book stand and is pretty useless as a preamp as the front panel lacks most functions to operate it....

Well don't be too upset, many of of have made ebay purchase(s) and got burned.
Tip - Never leave feedback, let it expire.

One fellow sent me an 40lb amp in a thin cardboard box; the thing was destroyed by the time it got to me. What a hassle getting $$ back; but after many emails, etc. I did get the full refund. It took a couple hours to re-make a shipping box with foam, etc.

Tip - Never leave feedback, let it expire.

Cheers, and the reason it upsets me most is because I bought it for my brother and he's out of audio now. I am not even putting up any claims for warranty, sent the seller messages like please help fixing it. And he doesn't even bother to respond at all...

I can fix things, I fix and build loads of other things, but I don't have the IR code at hand. Don't think it can be reset, and if it can I think it won't work either as it will just loose it's programming.

It's been too long to take any actions through Paypal or EBay resolution center, so non of that will solve the matter either. I can buy a new one, but feel rather reluctant to get the same unit from the same seller now... This unit does have all the options we need, the looks, functionality and the further quality is ok, just this bleeding IR not functioning!! ARGH!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.