Active studio monitors/ crossovers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I recently sold my studio monitors, I found a certain cheapness to the sound. I puchased 2 Dynaudio D28 and 2 17W75. My plan was to use a pair of STK4044XL in each speaker driver by a 2 way active crossover. I have discovered a few things and have many more questions. My speakers apparently work well with 6dB crossovers. The active crossovers that I have found are either 18dB or 24dB. Is that going to be a setback for me? Can I modify them or just shut up go with the reccommended 6dB "Foccus" passive?
I did want to mount the amps in the speakers with a torroid in each speaker. I am unclear about Voltage and watage. At 100 Watts RMS I need 35-0-35 250VA for each speaker. Is transformer voltage directly related to wattage? I have been reading about LM3886 and the article I read showed a chart with Voltage to wattage.
I really don't need 100 Watts RMS per driver. In fact 25 Watts per driver would be plenty. I don't want dynamic compression either. My primary listening will be 1 meter from the left speaker and 1 meter from the right. I prefer not to attenuate because it's to loud. I'd rather design it so that full power is the right listening level at my sitting position.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.