Tilt Equalizer Filter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
......implement a downward tilt of -5dB from 20Hz to 20kHz (straight line in dB vertical scale). Can you please provide a sample circuit with all values...

Hi xrk971,
do you mean that (using the symmetric tilt filter, my pubblication) you need an attenuation of -5dB at 20Hz and a -5dB at 20kHz? Let me know.

Are you aware that when you attenuate -5dB at 20 Hz you have +5dB boost at 20kHz and viceversa? let me know, the calculation of components value is easy for me. FB

Hi X,
Linkwitz's articles are always fantastic!
The filter you are referring to is the " 3dB_buff.gif "
http://www.linkwitzlab.com/images/graphics/3db_buff.gif
this is a fixed tilt filter with a slope of -3dB / decade ,and between 20Hz and 20kHz the jump is 9dB (not 5dB) (see top curve of " 3dB_oct1.jpg "
If I understand correctly you want a tilt filter with a jump of only 5dB, right?
Ok we can do that for both with my tilt filter ( 5dB jump and 9dB jump), but the -3dB/dec slope will be missing. My Tilt Filter is a shelving type filter.
Anyway, as soon as I can, I calculate the compondents of Tilt Filter both for a jump of 9dB, both for a jump of 5 dB. Bye FB

Hi xrk971, in the attached doc the value for your Tilt Filter ( 5 dB span and 9 dB span). You can see that the slope is very different from the Linkwitz circuit. The only way to have a "near" constant slope is to implement a multi feedback branch circuit ( like do Linkwitz). Bye fb

Attachments

• 5dB_9dB-TILT_FILTER.doc
    160 KB · Views: 129
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
What is the value of the potentiometer for this circuit?

Attachments

• 151D05E1-F278-438E-BFD6-E64D73BFD33D.jpeg
    151D05E1-F278-438E-BFD6-E64D73BFD33D.jpeg
    568.2 KB · Views: 135
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.