Speaker Combination in Custom Installation, please help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I have some doubts when connecting multiple speakers in a one channel one amplifier, and using capacitors as 6th order crossovers on some of the speakers in a series/parallel combination.

Heres the deal, I have the following speakers:
4 - Beyma 8m/nd midrange speakers 4 ohm
4 - Beyma 10mi100 midrange speakers 8 ohm

I know they are diffrent speakers, but for now they are all going to be connected in the same amplifier until I have the money to buy a separate anp.. If needed :D

The 8m/nd 8" speakers need to be high passed at about 330 hz, so I bought a Solem 120uf 250v capacitor for each.

The 10mi100 speakers are going to be high passed at 125hz with the active crossover that is connected to the amplifier's rca imput.

Heres the series/parallel diagram Im thinking of using:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

- all 4 8" speakers in series for 16ohm
- two pairs of 10" speakers in series for 16 ohm each pair
- then all parallel for a final impedance of 5.33 ohm

My question is if the cutoff frecuency that each cap gives to each of the 8" speakers would be affected when connecting them all 4 in series?

Would the 10" speakers be affected with the capacitors?

Any other concerns I need to lookout when using this combination?

Thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.