miniDSP pre-amp & volume control idea

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dovetailed joints inspired by these beauties.

PD1-pre-7781.jpg

Well I started mine, and the dovetails are a little ropey, they should glue up ok. the front is done. Its from one plank of really figurative walnut, which folds around the enclosure so should look amazing.

I found some cheap floor slate on ebay or have some copper I can use for the top plate, although I was hoping to save it for a tube amp build. Perhaps some veneered board would work, as it will sit in a rack and my power amp has to sit above.

I am currently putting the switching psu box (about the size of a cigarette packet) inside the case, shall I screen it off somehow?

Next step is buying cable, I don't wanna go crazy nor do I want to risk performance with buying cheap stuff, this BELDEN 19364 cable and plug can be had for around £10.

I also need to work out how to mount the MiniDsp's VOL FP on the front and have the push knob work with a turned walnut one.

And lastly Balanced or Unbalanced? currently will be going into my Rotel RMB1048.

All up and running, just sat on some birch ply.

Great being able to rid myself of the pre-amp and have this control volume, source, and active XO.

Have started playing with the mic, to get the room anomalies sorted.

Now just need more than some full range drivers to make use of 8 channel pre-amp and 8 channels of power...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.