THAT 1200 Balaced Receiver IC?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've been trying to find the best solution for a balanced to unbalanced converter with budget in mind, and I have had difficulty finding a solution. Good transformers, like Jensen and Cinemag, can run $70+ a piece, and the usual op-amp based circuitry can become complex, involving 3 opamps or more.
In my travels, I came across this little-mentioned IC that seems to solve all of my problems: The THAT 1200. available at mouser for $5.55 in single quantity. It's looks awesome! It's based off of OpAmps, and has great performance specs, including a CMRR and slew rates, and is available in a DIP!
I can't find anybody who's reviewed it or used it. I found a thread on here for a group buy, but that's about it.
Does anybody have any experience or input?
I plan on using a few with the datasheet's RFI and ESD protection circuits in an Arduino controlled biamped audio receiver that I'm building.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.