Uneven Hafler 110 output

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So I love my first preamp and recapped it and removed muting from E-bay kit instructions. I use the tone controls fiendishly and I refuse to buy a new preamp without hearing it so I really need this thing to not be perfect on one channel and 86 percent on the left! I say it's equal treble and bass loss. I've done the solder joint thing and sprayed the **** out of all controls. Really not understanding how an rca could go bad it's just a chunk of metal soldered in there quite sturdily so I tried checking those and I think good. So that brings me to further mods with transistors or opamps. I don't know a damn thing about transistors and opamps. I would have asked over at Audio Karma but I disagreed with some of their policies so I got myself banned for no reason, it was very easy. Anyway merry Christmas
Chris

Attachments

• IMG_0809.jpg
    IMG_0809.jpg
    537 KB · Views: 134
volume control tracking error?

(I used to own a dh110 that I built from a kit, back when it was still new).

the vol control is sealed, I think. so no spraying should go in there.

as a test, you could bypass the volume control (careful, you are now at full volume! run some atten stage or other AVR after it in attenuation mode before your amp) and see if the circuit, itself, gives both channels the same level.

at lower levels, most pots mistrack. at 1/3 and beyond, it should not be so bad, though.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.