Multichannel splitter and gain structure control box - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Analog Line Level

Analog Line Level Preamplifiers , Passive Pre-amps, Crossovers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 24th October 2012, 07:32 PM   #11
diyAudio Member

thanks

Alfredo
Old 26th October 2012, 02:01 PM   #12
diyAudio Member

Bump. Anyone? Am I overdoing the splitting?
Old 1st November 2012, 10:46 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

I purchased 40 2sk170 from MCM electronics and went thru the matching process yesterday. I was able to get 18 matched pairs.

I am still wondering if the splitting is overdone. Could I just split the input to the box to the inputs of the distributing B1 buffers?
Old 4th November 2012, 01:46 AM   #14
diyAudio Member

A bit more progress on the sourcing front. A trip to the surplus store yielded all the resistors needed, all 1% and appear to be of very good quality. Also as a surprise, i found a nice regulated power supply made by Genex Audio. I believe these were made for their 8 channel ADC and DAC. It puts out 5v and +- 15v. It is probably too high but changing the regulators r1,r2 ratio will change the output. Already tested with a Decade box and a 1k resistor brings it to +- 9 volt.

Lastly, found some proto boards that appear to be silver plated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (818.6 KB, 57 views)
Old 4th November 2012, 06:01 PM   #15
diyAudio Member

i might be spoiling the diy fun but for what your doing you might want to take a look at something like a DBX 260 driverack
Old 4th November 2012, 08:02 PM   #16
diyAudio Member

It is certainly nice. It does not sppear to have the option of more than two Sub outputs.
Old 4th November 2012, 08:35 PM   #17
diyAudio Member

i'm not 100% sure the other outputs are configurable but if memory serves you can turn any output into bandpass that may or may not serve your application
i'm wondering what the criteria for multiple sub outputs is? there are several multiple mix matrix's units that are used for zone paging applications that might also fit the bill but if x-over and level control are required on each output you could be more in the realm of a Protea
i've personally had success in using LM 1972 N ic as digitally controlled attenuators and combined with minidsp you may well being on the way to rolling your own!
Old 4th November 2012, 08:44 PM   #18
diyAudio Member

I need a minimum of three L+R outputs that would then have independent eq and filtering to feed the subs.
Old 4th November 2012, 09:07 PM   #19
diyAudio Member

ok why three?
Old 4th November 2012, 10:09 PM   #20
diyAudio Member

Ahh..... I have the control directivity speaker bug and hit onto discussions about the use of multiple subs to minimize the effects of room modes and flatten the frequency response. You can search on the multiway forum, plenty of info there.

Hide this!Advertise here!