Help needed with diy outpout switcher relay based

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I'm currently trying to create a latched relay based balanced output switcher.

For each stereo output, I'd like to use 2 DPDT latching relay
I'm considering OMRON G6-JV-2P-Y

I want to trig them via a push switch, but I need a Led as a visual feedback of their states (on/Off)

So I need a one shot pulse generator circuit.
I've found a lot off off theses circuits based on 555, or CD4013, but none of them are able to give me a visual feedback of their state via a led…

Non latching circuits are easier to implement with a led, but I'm not sure they'll be great for audio works

Is anyone could help me?

Thanks

Hi Pieca,

A simple solution is to use a push switch or transistor or scr to turn the relay on. Then use one of the sets of contacts across the switch/transistor/scr to conduct all of the relay coil current - thus holding the relay on until power is switched off.

Very useful with delay circuits, eg for power supply soft start or speaker delay switching.

Cheers John

There are a few ways, wire a LED using say 15ma choosing a suitable resistor feeding its anode , and its Cathode to Ground to illuminate when the coil receives voltage.

You could also wire a LED in series with the coil, ie positive supply to Anode through the LED to its cathode, to + of the relay, however expect a voltage drop of 1.7 volts for Red ,and 3v for White, this voltage drop may or may not be what you need. In this method the coil resistance serves as a resistor - so suits relays with higher coil resistance - substituting the usually used dropping resistor. - :)

Cheers / Chris

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.