MUSES 72320 electronic volume

the best volume control

I 've just finished my Muses Protos for the first listning test.
It sounds great !! the best Volume control i've ever used in my Preamp.
I use two Muses boards with low noise LDO (TPS7A49, tps7a3001) for full symmetry
The Muses is buffered with Cascoded FET Buffer with DC-Servoloop and a OPA1632 gainstage.

Attachments

• mdf1_listning test.jpg
    mdf1_listning test.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 3,115
Yes, a kit will be available in about 2 weeks!
The boards are in production now and we are still working on our webshop.

The schematics for the modules will be also available on our website.
Please be patient, i'm still working on the documentation.

You can use a second rotary encoder connected with an ribbon cable anywhere you like it.
This mcu board is also designed for other kits, wich will be available soon.
(e.g. SABRE ES9112 ADC Kit, ES9018 DAC Kit).

Attachments

• blockschaltung.jpg
    blockschaltung.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 3,068
You will offer a ADC-kit with a Sabre-chip? This is exactly what I am looking for since several months!
Question: is it possible to have the input selector with MUSES-chip and OPA1632-stuff in front of the ADC according to standard ADC-applications (I have no datasheet from Sabre ES9112)?
And: where will your kits be produced? In Austria or Far East?

Muses on Sabre ADC

hi hm4nine

Yes, but it still takes a little time until the final ADC boards are finished
I once built two of my Sabre ADC without a muses and it works fine in a recording and mastering studio.
Now i see , that it is essential to adapt the input level and i plan to combine the muses with a fet buffer and an OPA1632 to drive the ADC.
Maybe an Input select for two diffenrential inputs or a route through will be implemented.
The datasheets of the Sabre chips are confidential.
The production is in Austria.

Attachments

• ADC full assembled proto.jpg
    ADC full assembled proto.jpg
    255.9 KB · Views: 2,920
Hi JBL4435,

we are planing a remote control but we still considering, wich one.
Perhaps a apple ir remote.
Do you have a suggestion ?

I recommend a RC5 type remote control as Dantimax uses. There are plenty remote that work with it.
I currently run a Dantimax full balanced resistor volume control but would love to upgrade.

Is there a second rotary encoder to choose input?
Is there a possibility to rename inputs?

Attachments

• philips-srp1001-10_4d38652207a4c.jpg
    philips-srp1001-10_4d38652207a4c.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 2,101
@hm4nine

I will offer initially only the muses board with four input selector, a controller board
with display and a unregulated power supply kit, which provides also the 5V for the controller. All modules cold be connected with flatcables

@ maxw

I solder the parts on the prototype by myself, but our modules are machine-manufactured.
It is hard to solder this little pieces and i can do that only with a big magnifying glass, a hot air smd tool, solder paste and much patient.