MUSES 72320 electronic volume

Either way, reading all the posts, it doesn't sadly seem simple (= no display, no polluting electronic) and is likely to be expensive at the end... not due to the chip, but the extras needed.

It would be nice to have a complete fail safe proposal for less than 50E... perhaps I got it all wrong with the knob feeling and "children safe position reading"... perhaps no knob at all, ie remore control only is the (childen) safest while also the cost effective solution after all...

Claude

Joined 2019
Paid Member
A stepped "make-before-break" attenuator would be a better choice I guess. You don't want any noise/crackling to have influence on the output level.

That would defy one of Muses advantage points: fine volume control. I suppose one capacitor at potentiometer viper would solve any noise and crackling issues. Even some delay in volume change due big capacitor, after potentiometer position change, wouldn’t be a problem.

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
That would defy one of Muses advantage points: fine volume control. I suppose one capacitor at potentiometer viper would solve any noise and crackling issues. Even some delay in volume change due big capacitor, after potentiometer position change, wouldn’t be a problem.

A capacitor is not enough I think but you are right that "fine" would don't be the best description :) A course and an added stepped attenuator for fine adjustment would solve it but at the expense of complexity.

Hi,
the 72323 did a good job in my main system.
I'm currently waiting for the new controller boards to be delivered.
I think the software will be ready in 1-2 months.

Attachments

• 0D5D1DDF-56F8-4725-9420-CBE4B2DE084F.jpg
    0D5D1DDF-56F8-4725-9420-CBE4B2DE084F.jpg
    758.1 KB · Views: 693
  • B2B9C0D4-B725-4BE7-815B-CA53BD40DC25.jpeg
    B2B9C0D4-B725-4BE7-815B-CA53BD40DC25.jpeg
    519.8 KB · Views: 673
Reactions: 1 user
Features list for v2.0

• Mech. compatible to v1
• modern mcu (stm32)
• Infrared learning capabilities
• 0..-111,75dB in steps of 0,25/0,5/1/2dB
• Mute function
• Individually adjustable user parameter (volume step size, startup volume, balance, no. of input channels…)
• Balance
• +/-10…18V voltage supply
• 2,4,6,8 volume channels possible because volume boards can be cascaded
• optional 1..4 input channel
• optional analog potentiometer to adjust volume
• reduce distortion from mcu with deep sleep mode

2/3 of features are ready/tested. Documentation is “on the way”

I think I need around 2 month to complete the firmware. After that I will order a couple of boards.

I have only 5 kits of version 1 (for a special price) left.