MUSES 72320 electronic volume - Page 22 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Analog Line Level

Analog Line Level Preamplifiers , Passive Pre-amps, Crossovers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 28th October 2013, 07:30 PM   #211
FdW is offline FdW  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hm4nine View Post
@ johncurtis:

Interestingly - clicking on ebay link - this message comes:

This listing () has been removed, or this item is not available.

Therefore it cannot be said which of if a MUSES-chip was used there.
Do you remember anything about (starting-) price of offer?
Try the search box (on ebay.com) and enter "Muses® Hi End Electronic Volume Control" it helps
Old 28th October 2013, 07:45 PM   #212
hm4nine is offline hm4nine  Europe
diyAudio Member

Thank you!
I only tried "MUSES" in Search Box, obviously not enough to get the wished result...
It seems you are better then I when searching in ebay
Old 28th October 2013, 09:10 PM   #213
hm4nine is offline hm4nine  Europe
diyAudio Member

There is obviously a difference between Spiri’s board and mentioned offer in ebay:

Spiri developed a “passive board”, say a 4-fold input selector (with relays) followed by the MUSES. MUSES chip is not buffered with any active devices, buyer has freedom to design his own audio electronics. His board has several regulators on board and he also offers a suitable supply board and a display with controller.

Ebay offer seems to have only one input going directly to MUSES chip, which is followed by a dual opamp-buffer/amplifier. Opamps’s outputs may probably be muted with a relay. Connections for control functions are visible but not populated. There are no regulators on board; it may be used as an active linestage which needs an external voltage regulation.
Old 31st October 2013, 03:41 AM   #214
ammel68 is offline ammel68  United States
diyAudio Member

Here's the board on Ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MUSES-Hi-End...item258437a6d0

Last edited by ammel68; 31st October 2013 at 03:43 AM.
Old 31st October 2013, 03:48 AM   #215
ammel68 is offline ammel68  United States
diyAudio Member

Well, my link above doesn't work either...strange.

I typed in "muses volume control" in the search box and the result was the board from seller "lennyn1" in Mount Vernon, NY.
Old 31st October 2013, 04:30 AM   #216
ncc is offline ncc
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ncc
OK, try this link
Muses® Hi End Electronic Volume Control | eBay
Old 7th November 2013, 04:25 PM   #217
CeeVee is offline CeeVee  Portugal
diyAudio Member

Default Lots of kits in japan....

I think this is very interesting as well :Muse volume control

and this one with a smaller expansion board for balanced use: Kit2

ofcourse distribution Japan only.....

Last edited by CeeVee; 7th November 2013 at 04:41 PM.
Old 7th November 2013, 09:59 PM   #218
diyAudio Member

I have found the original site that sells more MUSES based items: High End Audio Products for Music Lovers www.academyaudio.com
Old 12th December 2013, 06:34 AM   #219
spiri is online now spiri  Austria
diyAudio Member

Default What do you want from a muses application?

I think, the best thing is to place the muses directly behind the relays and as short as possible before the preamp or buffer. A short signal paths is one of my guidelines for a design.
A input selection is always useful.
While replacing a normal potentiometer on the frontplate with a muses board, the signal paths and cables are very long from the front back to the frontplate and back to preamp.
Not everyone likes the op amps as the output stage.
Maybe a buffer directly behind the muses is a thing, then the muses can be used as buffered passive preamp. With servoloop ?

It would be nice to collect here some ideas for a muses application, which makes everyone happy.
I look forward to inspiring discussions or to see some pics of your muses implementations.
Old 15th December 2013, 12:24 AM   #220
ChiDave is offline ChiDave  United States
diyAudio Member

Here's what I'd like very much, as a newbie. Besides liking it, I'd actually buy this! A board with nothing except the volume chip and whatever passive components are absolutely required. No input selection, power regulation, or buffers of any sort. Also, the option to get the volume board with whatever is required to use it in a balanced circuit (hey, I just said I'm a newbie).
Separately, offer the volume control board with the option of buying a knob and display that will work with it. Personally, I'd buy all of the controller stuff and two volume boards for a true dual mono design.
I understand the need to keep signal paths short, but this quickly turns into a lot of design decisions being made. I'd rather sacrifice a little bit of signal path length for the freedome to choose the implementions for selection, power regulation, and, of course, buffering. How about spec'ing unusually high quality PCB traces and whatever else you know along those lines? I've just started researching that aspect of things.

Hide this!Advertise here!