Rod Elliott ESP opamp pre's question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,
I've been looking at the opamp preamplifiers over on Rod Elliott's site, namely Project 02, Project 88, and Project 97. They're all pretty easy to understand, even for a novice like myself. However, I there is one thing I don't understand, I'm hoping someone here can explain to me:

In all three of the designs, Rod has a 100k resistor to ground on the output of the preamp (parallel to the load). In Project 02 it's R2, in Project 88 it's R10 and in Project 97 it's R116. What is the purpose of this resistor? I understand that it forms a high-pass filter in conjunction with the preceeding coupling capacitors and blocks DC from reaching the input of the power amp. What I don't understand is why he wouldn't just leave the resistor off and rely on the input impedance of the power amp. What advantage is there to including that resistor as opposed to leaving it off?

Thanks for any insights!

If the source and the receiver are soldered together then the Grounding resistors at the output and the input become simple parallel loads that are unnecessary.
You can then delete them.
Where detachable connections are used, then it is wise to have them for the reasons stated.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.