Replacement cap for Wima MKP10 0,047UF

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

Currently modifying my Copland 305 mark 1 and amongst many component changes looking for a higher quality cap to replace a Wima MKP 10 0,047 uF in the phono section. Other signal caps will be replaced with Mundorf Supreme/Supreme SIO.
There is not much space so bulky caps will not fit however slightly bigger than the Wima will be fine. Hole-hole distance 15 mm.

All suggestions are appreciated/Mike

5% tolerance, but did the manufacturer select the caps to a different matching tolerance?

Did they adjust the resistor value/s to match the extremes of a 5% cap tolerance.
Do you know anything about tolerances and computer assisted selection of variable component values?

I don't know much, but I know when alarm bells start to ring.

But just maybe that 47nF is outside the RIAA and has no effect (or little effect) on frequency response.

Hi Andrew,

Sorry to say I do not have that information! I am also not that skilled in amplifier constructions. My approach is to put a better quality cap hence it is in the signal chain and all other caps in the signal chain are Mundorf Supreme/SIO. Though this particular Wima cap does not leave much physical room for the types of Mundorfs et al.

/Mike

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.